Balaena Bay 1914
Information from the Wellington Area Facebook Page:
BALAENA BAY, 1912-1914
Looking north across Balaena Bay, Wellington, showing (from left) the yachts Windward, Ailsa, (unknown), (unknown), Wylo, Ngaere, Rona, Kotere, (unknown) drawn up on the hard. The two boatsheds were owned by the Wellington Harbour Board (centre) and Bringins & Bailey (right). The small shed on the hill, to the left of the houses, is a stable. Photograph taken in 1912 or 1914 by S C Smith, who was probably the owner of the motorcycle in the right foreground.